Howard D. Hall
Howard Hall is a founding partner of Hall Griffin and practices in the Orange County office. Well experienced in a wide spectrum of business-related litigation, he primarily focuses his practice in the areas of banking, loan fraud, escrow and title claims, construction defect and business dispute litigation.
Mr. Hall maintains a loyal client base due to his reputation for fierce litigation results and efficient execution strategies.
Mr. Hall received his Juris Doctorate degree from The University of Texas School of Law in 1989 and was a cum laude graduate of the University of Texas Honors Business Program in 1986.
Mr. Hall began his legal career in 1989 with many of Southern California's top attorneys at Pettis, Tester, Kruse and Krinsky, which had just spun off from Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher's Newport Beach, California office. While there, Mr. Hall practiced complex business litigation, and he parlayed this burgeoning practice into the founding of this firm in 1995.
Mr. Hall has developed a successful record of dispute resolutions and wins within the mortgage lending, real estate and business litigation industries, generating multimillion wins and settlements for his clients. He serves as an expert legal advisor to the mortgage lending industry on issues related to loan fraud recovery and currently serves as Chairman of the Loan Fraud / Legal Issues Subcommittee within the Mortgage Bankers Association of America. Mr. Hall is also a major community volunteer within the Orange County community - he is past President of the Board of Directors of Friends of the Santa Ana Zoo and is currently the Board's Capital Campaign Chairman and leader of the $3.5 million Children's Zoo & Train development project.
Professional & Community Activities
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Mortgage Bankers Association, Legal Issues Committee, Past Chair of Subcommittee of Legal Issues Committee
- California Land Title Association, Member
- California Mortgage Bankers Association, Member
- Friends of the Santa Ana Zoo, Past-President and Chair of New Children's Zoo
- Litigation Counsel of America, Member
- Boy Scouts of America, , Past Chair of Canyons District, Orange County Council
- Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Business Litigation
- Mortgage Banking & Finance
- Real Estate
- J.D., 1989, University of Texas School of Law
- B.S., 1986, Business Administration, University of Texas, cum laude
- Honors Business Program
- State Bar of California
- United States Supreme Court
- Southern California Super Lawyer
- Awarded 2006 – 2019