John T. Griffin
John Griffin has been a member of Hall Griffin since its founding in 1995. Following his admission to the California bar in 1990, Mr. Griffin has developed broad experience representing his clients in a diverse range of civil litigation matters as well as in his growing elder law and estate planning practice.
Mr. Griffin understands every case is unique and each presents unique challenges. At the outset of a new litigation matter, he works with his client to develop an individualized approach for efficiently and aggressively handling the case. Applying this methodology, Mr. Griffin has successfully tried, arbitrated, and mediated numerous matters over the course of his career.
Through his extensive experience in litigation, Mr. Griffin has found that many disputes often could have been avoided through proper planning. He has translated this perspective into his elder law and estate planning practice, utilizing a holistic approach in working with individuals and families to identify their needs and develop a plan that best meets those needs. When disputes arise, Mr. Griffin's experience provides him with a significant advantage in effectively advocating for his clients.
Upon graduation from law school, Mr. Griffin began his career working for one of the then "Big Six" accounting firms, Arthur Andersen & Co., where he first learned the practical application of tax laws. After clerking for a Los Angeles County Superior Court judge, Mr. Griffin went into private practice, ultimately joining the founding partners of Hall Griffin to form the firm in 1995.
Mr. Griffin is a member of the State Bar of California, the United States District Court for the Central and Southern Districts of California, and the Orange County Bar Association.
Professional & Community Activities
- Orange County Bar Association, Trust and Estates
- Building Industry Association of Southern California, Member
- University of Southern California Alumni Association
- Loyola Law School Alumni Association
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning & Probate
- Land Subsidence
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- J.D., 1990, Loyola Law School
- Loyola of Los Angeles International and Comparative Law Journal, Executive Director
- B.S., 1987, Business Administration, University of Southern California
- State Bar of California
- Judicial Clerk to the Honorable Bruce G, Geernaert, Los Angeles Superior Court, 1991-1992