Jered T. Ede
Jered Ede practices in the firm’s Santa Ana office, where he handles a variety of litigation matters, with a focus on mortgage banking, financial and real estate litigation. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from Johns Hopkins University in 2007 and his Juris Doctor degree from Chapman University School of Law in 2010. Mr. Ede was admitted to practice in California in 2010, and Texas in 2016.
As an experienced trial and appellate attorney, Mr. Ede represents some of the nation’s largest real estate and financial institutions. In addition to his litigation experience, he is a frequent speaker on mortgage banking topics, and is a member of the executive board of the Legal Issues Committee for the California Mortgage Bankers Association.
- In the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, Mr. Ede obtained opinion absolving lender-client from get-rich-quick scheme by which borrower bought properties.
- After borrowers sued for the release of insurance proceeds, Mr. Ede’s defense work recovered in excess of $470,000 for his loan servicer client.
- Mr. Ede obtained and collected a six-figure payout for a loan servicer after vigorous defense of the borrower’s lawsuit alleging wrongful foreclosure.
- Mr. Ede secured a defense judgment and attorneys’ fees award in favor of a loan servicer against a borrower seeking to invalidate a multi-million dollar loan.
Professional & Community Activities
- California Mortgage Bankers Association, Member
- Agent & Broker Liability
- Business Formation
- Business Litigation
- Land Subsidence
- Mechanic's Liens
- Mortgage Banking & Finance
- Premises Liability
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate
- Title Escrow & Real Estate Transactions
- J.D., 2010, Chapman University School of Law
- B.A., 2007, Political Science, Johns Hopkins University
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court, Northern, Southern, Eastern and Central Districts
- Awarded Golden Gavel Award – Moot Court "Best Oral Argument" Competition
- Aitchison Public Service Fellow
- Tucker Prize Nominee
- Author, Single Points of Contact Under HBOR, CMBA Mortgage Finance News (2015)
- Presenter, California's Tender Rule, CMBA Legal Issues (2015)
- Presenter, Nymark to Alvarez: Duty of Care in California, CMBA Legal Issues (2016)