Michael J. Fairchild
Michael J. Fairchild concentrates his practice in all aspects of civil litigation, representing clients in both the prosecution and defense of complex contractual, commercial, and real estate disputes.
In addition, Mr. Fairchild has substantial experience in construction and real estate related litigation. Notably, he defends some of the largest home builders, general contractors, and developers in California and the Western United States in a broad range of construction defect disputes, as well as claims involving construction site accidents.
Mr. Fairchild also represents businesses and individuals in matters involving construction, insurance, trade secrets, and unfair competition issues. His experience ranges from the initiation of disputes through trial, and he regularly practices in both state and federal courts at both the trial and appellate levels. Mr. Fairchild was defense counsel in the published decision of McElroy v. Chase Manhattan Mortg. Corp. (2005) 134 Cal.App.4th 388.
In addition, Mr. Fairchild is a former federal Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Jane Dickson McKeag, Bankruptcy Judge of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of California.
Professional & Community Activities
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Business Litigation Section of the California Bar, Member
- Boy Scouts of America, Pack 655, Irvine, Volunteer Leader
- Irvine Youth Basketball League, Coach
- Agent & Broker Liability
- Insurance Coverage
- Intellectual Property
- Product Liability
- Title Escrow & Real Estate Transactions
- Trade Secret
- J.D., 2002, Chapman University School of Law, cum laude
- Chapman Law Review, Articles Editor and Executive Director
- B.A., 1996, Behavioral Science, Concordia University
- State Bar of California
- United States Supreme Court
- Named to Rising Stars list, Southern California Super Lawyers Magazine, Law Politics Media, Inc., Los Angeles Magazine, Awarded 2008 – 2012