Rachel C. Witcher
Rachel Witcher has a diverse general litigation practice. Rachel frequently represents businesses in the financial services industry in all areas of civil litigation including consumer finance, mortgage and real estate matters. Rachel is experienced in defending consumer litigation under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act and related regulations.
As former in-house counsel in the financial services industry, Rachel has a unique understanding of the needs of her banking, servicer and creditor clients. Rachel also has expertise in drafting company policies, training employees, and advising businesses on trending compliance issues to adhere to ever changing and emerging financial industry regulations at the focus of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Professional & Community Activities
- Marians Women's Service Organization, Previous Volunteer and Mentor
- Nexus Journal of Law and Policy, Previous Senior Symposium Editor
- Creditors' Rights
- FDCPA Defense
- In-House Experience
- Mortgage Banking & Finance
- Mortgage Servicer Litigation
- Real Estate
- J.D., 2012, Chapman University School of Law
- B.A., 2009, History and Political Science (Double Major), Loyola Marymount University, cum laude
- All United States District and State Courts in California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals