Jeremy T. Katz
Jeremy Katz joined the Santa Ana office in 2021, where his practice focuses on title, escrow and real estate litigation. Jeremy also brings extensive experience litigating partnership and intra-corporate disputes, fiduciary claims, professional liability, and contract claims. Prior to joining the firm, Jeremy spent several years representing lenders, loan servicers, investment advisors, brokers, and related financial service companies.
Jeremy has worked for judges at both the Orange County Superior Court and Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. He graduated magna cum laude Chapman University School of Law in 2009, and his undergraduate degree in theater serves him well in the courtroom. Jeremy likes solving puzzles and finding the right solution for each dispute.
- Real Estate
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Mortgage Banking & Finance
- Fiduciary and Financial Advisor Litigation
- Represented title insurer against claims for bad faith denial of coverage.
- Represented property owners and lenders in quiet title actions.
- Represented lender/lienholder again claims for adverse possession.
- Arbitration victory for condominium owner in dispute over CC&Rs.
- Successfully defended life insurance agent against claims for negligence and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Trial victory in a commercial landlord-tenant dispute regarding automatic lease renewal provisions.
- Obtained a multimillion dollar judgement on behalf of the victim of fraud and financial elder abuse by a member of a limited liability company.
- Represented large financial institutions in hundreds of consumer financial litigation matters involving claims for unfair competition, business torts, negligence, state and federal statutory claims, and claims for breach of fiduciary obligations.
- J.D., 2009, Chapman University of Law, magna cum laude
- B.A., 2002 Theater, University of California, Los Angeles
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court, California Central and Southern Districts
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Chapman Law Review
- Judicial Extern, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, The Hon. Alex Kozinski (2009)
- Super Lawyers – Southern California Rising Star (2019 and 2020)
Professional & Community Activities
- Orange County Bar Association
- California Land Title Association