Jonathan M. Slipp
Jonathan Slipp’s extensive litigation practice focuses on defense of lawsuits based on claims ranging from breach of contract to wrongful death. Jonathan has successfully defended schools and school employees against claims of negligence and sexual assault, as well as trucking companies and drivers against lawsuits seeking damages for major injuries and loss of life. Over his thirty years of experience, he has also has defended scores of lawsuits based on product liability and breach of habitability.
Jonathan has regularly represented clients with respect to real estate and construction defect issues, including claims for personal injuries resulting from exposure to asbestos.
- Won defense verdict following jury trial on behalf of Beverly Hills pre-school against allegations of sexual assault and abuse of four-year-old student.
- Successfully defended security company against allegations of negligence in death of six-year-old at a large apartment complex. Settlement reached without any contribution by security company.
- Defended medical transportation company against negligence claims by passenger who fell from her wheelchair, resulting in amputation of leg.
- Defended window cleaning company against claims by subcontractor's employee who suffered severe injuries when his equipment can into contact with high-voltage power lines.
- Defended hotel against claims of premises liability by elderly pedestrian who tripped and fell over crack in sidewalk, suffering traumatic loss of sight in one eye.
- Defended numerous suits by tenants against landlords alleging substandard living conditions.
- Agent & Broker Liability
- Bodily Injury & Catastrophic Loss
- Business Litigation
- Land Subsidence
- Mechanics' Liens
- Medical Malpractice
- Mobile Home & Habitability
- Other Professional Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Real Estate
- Unlawful Detainer
- J.D., 1984, Western State University, College of Law
- B.S.L., 1983, Law, Western State University
- State Bar of California
- United States Air Force 1968-1972
- Commercial Pilot, Certified Flight Instructor (Aircraft and Instruments)
Professional & Community Activities
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Contributor
- Saddleback Church, Member