Taylor R. Dalton
Taylor Dalton’s practice includes a wide range of civil and business litigation, with a particular focus on mortgage, real estate, and financial services industries. He has represented a variety of clients, from individuals to large, publicly traded companies in numerous matters.
Taylor has experience in all stages of civil litigation, whether simple or complex, including taking a case to trial before a jury or up on appeal. Taylor approaches each case with a eye toward his clients’ goals, tailoring litigation strategy to efficiently achieve those desired results. To that end, Taylor practices in both California state and federal courts.
Taylor is also committed to public service. He volunteers his time by, among other things, providing pro bono legal services through the Public Law Center in Santa Ana. He also currently serves on the Associate Board of the Orange County Bar Foundation, which provides services and programs to Orange County’s youth.
- Antitrust & Unfair Competition
- Business & Corporate Governance
- Business Formation
- Business Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- Other Professional Malpractice
- Mortgage Banking & Finance
- J.D, LL.M., 2010, International and Comparative Law, Cornell Law School
- B.A., 2006, Political Science and Philosophy, University of Southern California
- State Bar of California
- Author, Opening the Floodgate: Riverisland's Reversal of Pendergrass Limitation to the Fraud Exception to the Parol Evidence Rule, Association of Business Trial Lawyers (ABTL) Report (2013)
- Author, Rights for the Landless: Comparing Approaches to Historical Injustice in Brazil and South Africa, Columbia Human Rights Law Review (2012)
- Author, Counterfeit Conspiracy: The Misapplication of Conspiracy as a Substantive Crime in International Law, ILSA Journal of International and Comparative Law (2010)
- Author, Will the Arbitration Fairness Act of 2007 Make Securities Arbitration Fair?, PIABA Bar Journal (2008)
Professional & Community Activities
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Foundation, Associate Board Member and Mentor
- American Bar Association, Member
- Cornell University Alumni Association
- University of Southern California Alumni Association